Tips for Immediate Action when Confronting Water Damage
Water Damage is one of the most serious yet common occurrences people have to deal with. Damages can topple one another quickly, threatening your safety and property value if not handled appropriately. Here are important steps to follow when addressing water damage:
- Contact SERVPRO of Inglewood immediately to begin mitigation as soon as possible in order to prevent increased damage. Additionally, contact your insurance company to file a claim for water damage.
- Ensure no water is present near any electrical outlets, appliances, lamps, etc. If affected, immediately shut off any source of electricity such as electrical boxes, circuit breakers, and meter panels as to prevent any further damage or harm.
- Protect any valuable items that may be at risk for damage, such as any laptops, televisions, photographs, important documents, or artwork by moving them to a safe and dry place. Remove any loose items from tables or floors that may be at risk for damage.
- If possible, begin drying any items that are salvageable with fans and/or dehumidifiers. Hang rugs and other floor items to dry. This will all help diminish the growth of mold and mildew.
- Lastly turn off the main line to the house to prevent any further water damage.
When prompt action is necessary, SERVPRO of Inglewood is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies. Even delaying just a few hours can dramatically increase the probability of detrimental damage.